Outreach at ILR
ILR Outreach builds bridges between academic knowledge and challenges large and small, in workplaces and communities, from our own backyard to around the globe. Outreach requires an open and constant exchange of ideas and information. We blend experience and learning; research and practice; service and education. We strive to improve workplace decision-making, inform public policy, and elevate public discourse. Through our Centers, Institutes and Programs, ILR Outreach is a catalyst for positive change in the world of work and within ourselves.
What is ILR doing related to Outreach?
- Global Service Learning – from India to Ecuador and back to India
- Buffalo High Road - Interns advancing community and economic development in Buffalo, NY
- Worker Institute Fellows
Research and Policy
- PROMISE grant focuses on career outcomes for children with disabilities
- New York state teacher pay disparities analyzed by ILR labor experts
- ILR Online webcast series brings expertise to practitioners and policymakers (PDF, 998 KB) | Advance magazine, May 2014 issue
World of Work Impact
- Corporate leaders and researchers come together to share best HR practices (PDF, 1 MB) | Advance magazine, May 2014 issue
- Leadership program for Kuwait executives supports a nation's development (PDF, 4 MB) | ILR Public Engagement brochure, 2012
- Social sciences initiative examines creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship
New York State Programs
- ICS Non Profit Salary Commission
- The High Road Runs through the City
- Bargaining for Better Schools
- Equity at Work Initiative
- Students Learn Mediation
- Research on Precarious Workers
- NY State AFL-CIO/Cornell Union Leadership Institute
Faculty and Staff Focused Outreach
Alumni Focused Outreach
CENTERS & INSTITUTES
Each center and institute focuses on a particular workplace-related theme.
ILR offers the most comprehensive portfolio of professional learning programs and training services focused on work and employment.