The Workplace and Conflict Resolution: Past, Present and Future
Webcast Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2014
The ILR Online webcast series 2014-15 line-up will feature programs with a "past, present and future" theme, to align with Cornell University's 150th anniversary and the ILR School's 70th anniversary in 2015.
The December program will focus on conflict resolution, one of the central historical focuses of the ILR School and a major area of its current activities. Experts in the field will discuss how conflict resolution has evolved, both within the traditional realm of labor-management relations and in the expanding areas of individual employment rights and organizational conflict management. The program will also examine the evolution of the neutral profession and the training and development of the next generation of mediators, arbitrators and other neutrals. Looking forward, there will be discussion of new types of conflict going beyond the workplace, such as environmental and complex multi-party disputes, that show the continued need for effective conflict resolution.
Presenter: Alexander Colvin, Martin F. Scheinman Professor of Conflict Resolution at the ILR School and associate member of the Cornell Law Faculty
- John Bickerman, Esq., Bickerman Dispute Resolution, PLLC
- Richard Fincher, Esq., Arbitrator and Mediator
- Sally Klingel, Director of Labor Management Relations, Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution
- David Lipsky, Anne Evans Estabrook Professor of Dispute Resolution and Director of the Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution
- Wokie Nwabueze, University Ombuds Officer, Princeton University
- Martin F. Scheinman, Esq., Arbitrator and Mediator
- Rocco Scanza, Esq., Executive Director, Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution