April 10 2012
Social Justice Career Fair
Record number of groups participating in Union Days event
Twenty-five organizations are part of the 15th Annual ILR Social Justice Career Fair from 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday.
More than 15 ILR and Cornell alumni are among representatives from labor unions and non-profit organizations.
They will share information about careers in their fields, and about summer and full-time employment opportunities.
The career fair, part of ILR's annual Union Days, will be held in Smithers & Cleary Lobby and the AFL-CIO Lobby, both on the second floor of Ives Hall, and in the Catherwood Library lobby.
Participating organizations include:
- 1199SEIU New England Healthcare Employees Union
- 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East
- 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East - New Organizing
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
- American Federation of Teachers
- AVODAH: The Jewish Service Corps
- China Social Welfare Education Foundation
- City Year New York
- Committee of Interns and Residents/SEIU
- Cornell Farmworker Program
- Corporate Accountability International
- CSEA, Inc.
- Food Chain Workers Alliance
- ILR Extension/High Road Fellowship
- Laborers' International Union of North America
- National Labor Relations Board
- National Nurses United
- New York Center for Law and Justice
- New York State Nurses Association
- Peace Corps
- Rural Health Services Corps, AmeriCorps
- Teach for America
- The Worker Institute at Cornell
- Urban Teacher Center
The Social Justice Career Fair is sponsored by the ILR Office of Career Services.