The Kheel Center may provide duplicates of materials from its collections provided with the following conditions:
- The supplying of copies or permission to copy are granted as aids to research only and do not imply the right to publish or deposit with another institution. Individuals acquiring facsimiles in any form are totally responsible for copyright clearance.
- Only materials that are in good physical condition will be duplicated. The Center reserves the right to refuse duplication orders if, in the opinion of the staff, the item would be harmed by the process, or the request is not in keeping with donor agreements or other restrictions.
- Some collections may be restricted, and the material can only be accessed duplicated with the express permission of the donor.
- Entire collections cannot be duplicated.
- The use of personal scanners is conditional to the permission of the staff. Hand-held scanners are not allowed.
- In-house copying is normally self-service. See the staff member on duty for instructions. Staff will copy items for Kheel Center visitors at additional cost.
- Fragile documents MUST be copied by staff members ONLY. There is no additional cost for this service.
- Staff may also fill photocopying orders that are requested by phone or e-mail, and will ship the copies with an invoice.
- Scanning orders may be filled with existing image files or by custom scanning done in-house.
- Scans can be made of items up to 8.5 x 14” in size.
- Items too large to scan in-house may be sent to commercial agencies selected by the Kheel Center staff. The patron will be charged the full cost of shipping and reproduction plus handling fees.
- Digital files may be provided by e-mail (up to four 300 ppi jpg files), transferred to your FTP site, or sent using Cornell University's Dropbox service at no cost.
Sound and Moving Image Duplication
- Standard audiocassettes and CDs, as well as UHF (3/4”) and VHS (1/2”) videocassettes, can usually be duplicated on like media in-house.
- Moving images and sound recordings on media other than that named above may be sent to commercial agencies selected by the Kheel Center staff.
- Digitization of sound and moving image materials is done by commercial agencies selected by the Kheel Center staff.
- When duplication services must be contracted with commercial agencies, the patron will be charged the full cost of shipping and reproduction plus handling fees.
Use of Digital Cameras
- Researchers are allowed to bring their own digital cameras in the reading room for photographing unrestricted materials.
- Please note that permission to photograph is subject to any donor-imposed restrictions and to copyright laws of the United States.
- When other researchers are in the reading room please disable the flash and any feature that produces a loud sound.