Past Programs for Trade Unionists:
Date: May 12, 2009
Workplace Harassment: What The Union Needs To Know To Protect Members
Avoid workplace harassment (sex, race, age, national origin, sexual orientation, etc.) issues by learning your responsibilities when harassment questions impact or involve your members or your employees.
From the convenience of your desk, through the use of CASE STUDY SITUATIONS, this webinar will explore:
* What is illegal harassment by supervisors?
* When can employees be held responsible for harassment?
* What is the relationship between illegal harassment and violations of the CBA and organizational policies?
* Are members protected from inappropriate workplace or bullying behavior?
* What are the strategic and political implications for the union when members are involved in harassment issues?
Date: March 5, 2009
What You Need To Know About Representing Members of Different Religious Beliefs
Avoid the religious discrimination issues that other unions have faced! Several religious holidays are coming up; it is important for you to know your responsibilities in order to ensure that members' religious tenets are respected and accommodated, regardless of their faith.
From the convenience of your desk, this webinar will explore the complexities of religious discrimination and unions:
- What are the legal requirements when members need time to pray or for religious observance?
- What do you do if a member is disrespectful of another member's religious faith?
- What are the strategic and political implications for the union when members seek accommodations for religious beliefs?