Effective Presentations LB665
Not currently offered
This program currently has no scheduled dates. For more information, please contact the regional office nearest you.
Presentation Skills - March 11, 2013
It will come as no surprise to some of you that the number one fear among Americans is the fear of public speaking. Many of us had to overcome the panic attacks, sleeplessness, and sense of dread that can be caused by the prospect of speaking in front of groups. This workshop is designed to help participants overcome fear so that they can reach their potential as activists and leaders.
· Identify mindset barriers that hold you back; learn to counteract them
· Understand how to leave a great impression
· Learn to prepare a message that gets your point across
· Acquire delivery tips that will raise your comfort level
· Eliminate the obstacles that prevent you from being heard
· Give yourself the respect you deserve, and earn it from your audience If the thought of speaking at a podium causes sweaty palms, dry throat and knocking knees, please join us at this workshop. It might change your life!
Presenter: Beth Sears, Communications Consultant, UAW/GM retiree, and former speaking-sickness-sufferer. Beth shares: "When I started speaking, I would get nauseated and lose sleep. The first time I was asked to say 4 sentences to a room of 12 people, I forgot 2 of them. Now I speak in front of 1,000 people and never miss a beat!"
Date: March 11, 2013
Time: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Cost: $150 per person, 15% discount if sending three or more from same union.