Public Speaking for Labor Leaders LB662
Not currently offered
This program currently has no scheduled dates. For more information, please contact the regional office nearest you.
This workshop is designed to prepare union leaders and staff to speak with ease and confidence in any setting, whether during a meeting or delivering prepared speeches. This class will provide friendly support and concrete public speaking suggestions for every participant, from the inexperienced or shy to the accomplished speaker.
- Learning to Look, Learning to Listen:Analyzing other speakers
- Analyze and understand your audience for maximum effectiveness
- Tools to organize your thoughts and make your speech more effective/powerful
- Butterflies, jelly legs, and um, uh…. Specific techniques to calm those nerves
- Practicing: Watch yourself on video; get constructive and supportive feedback
- Dealing with a question-and-answer session, including hostile questions
- Public speaking, leadership development, and union democracy