Assertive Grievance Handling LB400
This workshop will help union representatives develop and improve basic skills needed to forcefully and effectively enforce the terms of the collective bargaining agreement in ways that build the union. It is for those newer to handling grievances, those who want a refresher or anyone not familiar with using member mobilization to resolve grievances.
- Overcoming obstacles to resolving grievances
- Improving your investigations
- How arbitrators decide cases
- Preparing to meet with management
- Making assertive presentations at grievance meetings
- Dealing with difficult behavior from supervisors
- Techniques for closing and settling grievances
- Mobilizing members to resolve grievances
Ken Margolies (no additional information)
Arthur T. Matthews, JD, Chief Operating Officer/Strategic Catalyst for diversityofficers.com a boutique firm specializing in divergent aspects of human resources and the workforce. He primarily lectures at NYU and Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations. He has been an advocate on both the union and management side and has served as a hearing officer. In addition he serves as a mediator and arbitrator for entities such as AAA, EEOC and FINRA.
Sandy Pope (no additional information)