Assertive Grievance Handling LB400
Not currently offered
This program currently has no scheduled dates. For more information, please contact the regional office nearest you.
This workshop will help union representatives develop and improve basic skills needed to forcefully and effectively enforce the terms of the collective bargaining agreement in ways that build the union. It is for those newer to handling grievances, those who want a refresher or anyone not familiar with using member mobilization to resolve grievances.
- Overcoming obstacles to resolving grievances
- Improving your investigations
- How arbitrators decide cases
- Preparing to meet with management
- Making assertive presentations at grievance meetings
- Dealing with difficult behavior from supervisors
- Techniques for closing and settling grievances
- Mobilizing members to resolve grievances