February 1 2009
IGAC Meeting and Elections to take place
The ILR Global Affairs Club (IGAC) will have its first meeting of the
semester on TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd at 4:30 in Ives 108. All students are welcome!
IGAC will be soliciting ideas from members for new events this semester and will be informing students of how they can get involved. There will also be announcements for exciting new opportunities for ILR internships abroad this summer and for Seniors looking to attend graduate business school abroad.
Two Executive Board positions are vacant and will be up for election. The Events Coordinator and Web Manager elections will be held February 10th at 4:30pm in Ives 108. If you are interested in running for these positions please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, February 8th before Midnight with a short statement of your qualifications.
What IGAC was up to last semester:
The ILR Global Affairs Club had a very successful first semester in
existence and is looking to expand upon past successes this coming semester. In the Fall 2008 semester IGAC sponsored or co-sponsored a number of events including:
* Networking with ILR Alumni with International Careers
* Forum on Chinese Labor Relations and its effects on Coroporate Lobbying & Media. Click here
* Luncheon Discussion with Ruth Cowan. Click here
* "Courting Justice: South Africa's Transformation to Democracy as Told by 6 Women Judges" Documentary Showing. Click here
* Informal Discussion with Professors Gary Fields and Sarosh Kuruvilla on their International Experiences