Background Readings for Mobilizing Members Conference
Held on: June 30-July 1, 2008
Increasing Public Demand for Higher Quality Patient Care
- Barbara Kirchheimer, "The Patient Perspective," Modern Healthcare, July 23, 2007.
Union Member Demand for Greater Voice in Patient Care
- Paul Clark, et al, "The Role of Nurse Voice in Influencing Member Perception of Union Instrumentality and Member Commitment," Paper prepared for the 60th Annual Meeting of the Labor and Employment Relations Association, January 4-6, 2008.
Involvement of Front-Line Staff in Improving Patient Care
- Debra Draper, et al, "The Role of Nurses in Hospital Quality Improvement," Research Brief, Center for Studying Health System Change, March 2008.
- Eugene Nelson, et al, "Microsystems in Health Care: Learning from High-Performing Front-Line Clinical Units," The Joint Commission Journal, September 2002.
- Marjorie L. Person, et al, "Spreading Nursing Unit Innovation in Large Hospital Systems", The Journal of Nursing Administration, March 2008.
Structural Barriers to Improving Patient Care
- Ann Hendrich, et al, "A 36-Hospital Time and Motion Study: How Do Medical-Surgical Nurses Spend Their Time?" The Permanente Journal, Summer 2008.
- Anita Tucker and Amy Edmondson, "Why Hospitals Don't Learn from Failures: Organizational and Psychological Dynamics that Inhibit System Change," California Management Review, 2002.
- Anita Tucker, et al, "Front-Line Problem Solving: The Responses of Hospital Nurses to Work System Failures," Academy of Management Proceedings, 2001.
Lessons from Labor-Management Partnerships
- Tom Kochan, et al, "The Potential and Precariousness of Partnership: The Case of the Kaiser Permanente Labor Management Partnership," Industrial Relations, January 2008.
Different Improvement Methodologies
- Catherine Spader, "TCAB Increases Time RNs Spend with Patients," Nursing Spectrum, October 8, 2007.
- William Martin, "Quality Models: Selecting the Best Model to Deliver Results," The Physician Executive, May-June 2007.