Research, Articles and Reports
Reports and Articles Authored by the GLI
- The Impact of Tar Sands Pipeline Spills on Employment and the Economy
Lara Skinner, Ph.D. and Sean Sweeney, Ph.D.
- Public-Public Partnerships: An Alternative Model to Leverage the Capacity of Municipal Water Utilities
Food and Water Watch and Cornell Global Labor Institute
- Earth to Labor: Economic Growth is no Salvation
Authored by Sean Sweeney for Labor Notes, January 2012
- Pipe Dreams? Jobs Gained, Jobs Lost by the Construction of Keysone XL (pdf)
Lara Skinner, Ph.D. and Sean Sweeney, Ph.D., Cornell University Global Labor Institute
with Ian Goodman and Brigid Rowan, The Goodman Group, Ltd.
- Labor's Route to a New Transportation System
Authored by Lara Skinner. Published by Cornell GLI, July 2011.
- The Durban Challenge: How Unions Can Help Secure a Binding Global Climate Agreement in 2011
Authored by Sean Sweeney for Labor Network for Sustainability.
- Unions Can Address Jobs Crisis with Bold Action to Protect the Climate
Authored by Sean Sweeney for Labor Notes, January 2011.
- Transport Workers and Climate Change: Towards Sustainable, Low-Carbon Mobility
Authored by Sean Sweeney, Lara Skinner, and the ITF Climate Change Working Group. Published by ITF, August 4 2010.
- More Than Green Jobs: Time for a New Climate Policy for Labor.
Authored by Sean Sweeney. Published by New Labor Forum, Fall 2009.
- Making the Transition: Helping Workers and Communities Retool for the Clean Energy Economy
Authored by Elena Foshay, Jill Kubit and Lara Skinner, May 2009.
- Green Jobs: Toward Decent Work in a Sustainable, Low-Carbon World
Authored by Michael Renner, Sean Sweeney and Jill Kubit. Published by UNEP/ILO/ITUC/IOE, September 2008.
- The State of Green Jobs
Published by International Labor Brief, November 2008.
- Employment in a Low Carbon World, State of the World 2008.
Published by Worldwatch Institute, 2008. State of the World 2008. Published by the Worldwatch Institute
- Green Jobs: Working for People and the Environment, Worldwatch Report 117
Published by Worldwatch Institute, 2008.
Article from Unions-Climate-Forum List
Trade Union Statements, Articles and Blogs on UN Climate Negotiations
- Cornell GLI Briefing Paper on COP 16
- ITUC COP 15/16 Statement
- Video: Sharan Burrow, General Secretary of the ITUC
- AFL-CIO COP 16 Statement
- AFL-CIO COP 16 Blog
- SEIU, TWU, Laborers, UWUA Statement on COP 16
- BlueGreen Alliance Statement
- Canadian Labour Congress Statement
- Korean Confederation of Trade Unions (KCTU) Statement
- Jobs with Justice COP 16 blog
- Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) COP 16 Fact Sheet
- European Metalworkers' Federation (EMF) COP 16 Statement
- International Federation of Chemical, Energy, Mine and General Workers' Union (ICEM) Article