Evaluations and Critiques
What is corporate social responsibility?
Read the ILO's definition.
Sample Critiques of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Monitoring Mattel in China(Asia Monitor Resource Center)
- Nike's Commitment to Human Rights(Hong Kong Christian Industrial Committee)
- Disney Apparel Contractors(Hong Kong Christian Industrial Committee)
- Special Issue on Labour Standards Reporting(Maquila Solidarity Network 2004)
- Emerging Trends in Codes and Their Implementation(Maquila Solidarity Network 2004)
- Dara O'Rourke's critique of PWC monitoring(2000)
- Strengthening Implementation of CSR in Global Supply Chains(World Bank, October 2003)
- Human Rights and Brand Accountability: How Multinationals Can Promote Labor Rights(Human Rights First, 2006)
Evaluations& Critiques of Globalization andLabor Standards
- Letter to the Honorable Kofi A. Annan, Secretary-General, United Nations(Human Rights First, 2004)