Professor of Industrial and Labor Relations
New York State School of Industrial and Labor Relations
Born: July 10, 1907, Salt Lake City
Married, four children
- Education: University of Utah and Brigham Young University, B.S. 1932
- University of California, Berkley Ph.D. 1939
- University of Colorado, Department of Economics, 1937-1946
- Cornell University, New York State School of Industrial and Labor Relations 1946-present
- National Defense Mediation Board, Consultant, 1941
- National War Labor Board Arbitration and Public Panel member various times in 1942.
- Wage Stabilization Director, Denver Regional office, 1942-1944.
- Public Board member, Denver Region, 1945-45.
- National Wage Stabilization Board, August 1951.
- Fact Finding panel in Nonferrous Metals Industry disputes between American Smelting and Refining Company and United Steelworkers of America, Oarfield case.
- Various arbitration with the National War Labor Board
- Various arbitration in Colorado prior to 1946
- Various arbitration in New York State after 1946
Industries in which arbitration have taken place:
- Lumber, steel production, metal fabrication, nonferrorous metals, street railway, paper box, textiles
- American Economic Association
- Industrial Relations Research Association
- National Academy of Arbitrators