Work is a fact of life. A driver of the economy. A hot political and social issue. A topic worthy of in-depth and well-informed coverage by the media.
If the workplace is your beat, here's how ILR can help.
- Check our Experts Directory and contact the person with the expertise to answer your questions. ILR faculty represent the largest concentration of distinguished scholars in the United States who specialize in the social sciences-based, interdisciplinary field of workplace studies.
- Surf through the list of Centers & Institutes, each of which focuses on a theme related to work and employment.
- Use the resources available through ILR's Catherwood Library, the most comprehensive resource of its type in North America. The library's collection of books, journals, pamphlets and related materials is complemented by extensive access to electronic resources from around the world.
Reliable web-based information can be found in the following topical guides, which have been compiled by the Catherwood Library reference staff:
- Industrial Relations Overview of the United States
- This is a collection of links that will help you understand current issues in, and the history of, labor relations and human resources management in the United States. Many links also provide data sources and a comparative context.
- Subject Guides
- Subject Guides are a collection of workplace-related links that are organized thematically.
- Freely Available Workplace Resources
- This site provides a variety of resources that can help you through the research process by providing a methodical approach to finding information. The guide also facilitates research in special topical areas, such as public policy, international or company topics.
- Question of the Month
- Each month Catherwood librarians pose a work-related question and provide a short answer with links to additional information. Questions are archived but the information in the answers is not updated.
- This is a repository for government documents, public policy position papers, and statistics about the workplace.