"A Time for Change: Restructuring America's Health Care Delivery System"
Join Health Care Practitioners, Researchers, Union Leaders, and Policymakers
May 11-12, 2010
The Italian Academy, 1161 Amsterdam Ave (between 117th and 118th)
New York City
8:00 am Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 am Conference Begins
Small group discussions, new concepts and practices and networking on:
Creating Integrated Delivery Systems
Engaging the Workforce
Using Technology to Improve Patient Care
Who Should Attend
- Management and Union Leaders
- Foundation Program Officers
- Health Care Researchers
- Policymakers (state and national)
- Download the program (pdf)
Welcome and Opening Remarks
- David Skorton, M.D., President of Cornell University
- Jay Crosson, M.D., Kaiser Permanente, Vice Chair of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission
- John August (Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions)
- Christine Bamford (National Health Service, Wales)
- Amy Edmondson (Harvard)
- Suzanne Gordon (Author)
- John Kenagy (Author, Clinical Faculty of the University of Washington)
- Rob Mechanic (MIT)
- Steve Spear (MIT)
- Paul Starr (Princeton)
- Allegheny General Hospital (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, Ohio)
- Fairview Health Services (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Hospital of the Future Project (Dublin, Ireland)
- Kaiser Permanente (United States)
- Maimonides Medical Center (Brooklyn)
- Montefiore Medical Center (Bronx)
- Mount Sinai (New York, NY)
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College (New York City)
- New York City Health and Hospital Corporation
- Skaraborg Hospital Group (Gothenburg, Sweden)
- Villa Beretta Rehabilitation Center (Costa Masnaga, Italy)
Discounted Hotel Information
Information about discounted hotel space is now available.
The Italian Academy is located in New York City at 1161 Amsterdam Avenue, between 117th and 118th Streets. Entrance to the Academy is on the east side of Amsterdam Avenue, and the doorway inscription reads "Casa Italiana."
Take the M4 or M104 to 116th and Broadway, and then walk east one block through the Columbia University campus; or take the M11 to 116th Street and Amsterdam Avenue.
Take the 1 to 116th Street/Columbia University and then walk east one block through the Columbia University campus.
Registration fee is $295. Organizations that send 3 or more individuals, students and union members please inquire about discount rates by emailing Steven King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All cancellations must be in writing, sent to us by May 3, 2010 and addressed to Steven King at email@example.com.
For more information, please contact: Steven King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This conference is generously supported by grants from the Pierce Memorial Fund of Cornell's ILR School and the Institute for the Social Sciences at Cornell University.