ILR Online Webcast
October 20, Online
ILR Around the World: Student International Experiences
Please join us for a live webcast to learn how international experiences play a critical role in today's ILR education.
Date: Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Time: 12:00 to 1:00 pm (ET) - Please connect 10 minutes prior to the live event.
This webcast is FREE of charge.
See the webcast at: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/events/connect/Student-International-experiences.html
In order to participate in the webcast you will need:
- Computer access with a high speed internet connection and
- Internet Explorer browser is required with Microsoft Windows media player installed.
- Mac users need to install the Silverlight plug-in.
- The required browser is Internet Explorer. Please visit this website to test your connection prior to logging on to the event: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/techServices/services/multimedia/SystemRequirements.html
ILR Dean Harry Katz will lead a conversation with ILR students who completed service learning projects in India and Mexico this summer.
- Eva Drago '12 and Medalis Trelles '12 worked with the Swami Vivekananda Youth Movement in Bangalore, India
- Christian Zamarrón '11 worked at the Solidarity Center in Mexico City
“It is our goal that every ILR student have at least one international experience.”
— Harry Katz, Kenneth F. Kahn Dean
ILR student interns are advancing economies, education and worker rights throughout the globe. The students will describe how ILR international opportunities broadened their world views and helped them make a difference thousands of miles from campus. See photos from their summer experiences and ask questions during this live event.
Cornell ILR School