ILR Online - Live Webcast
April 20, Online
Litigation vs. Mediation: The NRC’s Progressive Approach to Whistleblower Disputes
Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2011
View the webcast or copy this link into the address line of your web browser:
Related Material: Please download this material prior to the webcast -
- Sally Klingel, Director of Labor Management Relations, Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution
- David Lipsky, Anne Evans Estabrook Professor of Dispute Resolution and Director, Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution
- Rocco Scanza, ILR Executive Director, Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution
- Shahram Ghasemian, ADR Program Manager, Office of Enforcement, Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Susan Grody Ruben, Esq., Mediator and Arbitrator
The United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission is recognized for its innovative approach to resolving “whistleblower” disputes through the use of mediation. The NRC’s decision to retain a leading academic institution (Cornell) to provide neutral administration for the program is only one of several characteristics that make up this unique program. Litigation vs. Mediation: The NRC’s Progressive Approach to Whistleblower Disputes will feature the NRC’s program manager, Cornell partners, and one of the nation’s foremost mediators in a wide-ranging discussion about the impact of mediation prior to litigation on resolving complex issues affecting the industry.
The program is recommended for advocates, industry professionals and mediators seeking to learn more about the challenges and opportunities associated with mediating whistleblower complaints. Participants will also have the opportunity to ask questions of the panelists.
In order to participate in the webcast you will need:
- Computer access with a high speed internet connection and
- Internet Explorer browser is required with Microsoft Windows media player installed.
- Mac users need to install the Silverlight plug-in.
- The required browser is Internet Explorer. Please visit this website to test your connection prior to logging on to the event: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/techServices/services/multimedia/SystemRequirements.html
Cornell ILR School