ILR Online - Live Webcast
March 15, Online
ILR on Policy: A Conversation on Public Sector Worker and Union Rights
Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Time: 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm (EDT)
View the webcast or copy and paste this link into your browser window to see the webcast: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/events/connect/PublicSectorWorkerUnionRights.html
Harry Katz, Kenneth F Kahn Dean, ILR School
The debates in Wisconsin, Indiana and Ohio and across the country have brought issues surrounding public employees’ rights and the tensions that can exist between public sector unions and government into the national spotlight.
ILR School faculty – among the leading experts on collective bargaining and labor-management relations -- will share their insights and talk about the potential impacts of these ongoing disputes during this Live Webcast.
- Dean Katz will provide historical perspective drawing from research he has done on taxpayer revolts in the 1970s and their impact on local government bargaining.
- Professors Hurd and Givan, active in media discussions and labor research, will help clarify the issues and what’s at stake for public employees and their unions, government, and the public.
Participants can submit questions during the webcast and hear panelists’ responses in real time.
In order to participate in the webcast you will need:
- Computer access with a high speed internet connection and
- Internet Explorer browser is required with Microsoft Windows media player installed.
- Mac users need to install the Silverlight plug-in.
- The required browser is Internet Explorer. Please visit this website to test your connection prior to logging on to the event: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/techServices/services/multimedia/SystemRequirements.html
Cornell ILR School