ILR Online Webcast
March 9, Online
Labor Standards in Global Supply Chains
Date: Tuesday, March 9
Time: 12:00 to 1:00 pm (ET)
- Link to the webcast or copy and paste this link into the URL line of your browser window:
If you can not see the webcast at noon on Tuesday, March 9, please refresh your browser window.
- View the presentation slides for this webcast! pdf
Please join us for an in-depth discussion with...
Sarosh Kuruvilla, Professor of Industrial Relations, Asian Studies and Public Affairs
One consequence of globalization has been the increasing pressure for the global regulation of labor standards. While there are several approaches to the regulation of labor globally, we will focus in this module on the challenges that multinational firms face in ensuring that internationally recognized core labor standards are upheld throughout their supply chain. Taking a global value chain perspective, this module will cover the typical processes used by firms to uphold core labor standards throughout their supply chains, and the typical problems they face in doing so. We will also go through one case, and then discuss what are the emerging “best practices”.
- Nike case (pdf) by Sarosh Kuruvilla
- "International Labor Standards, Soft Regulation, and National Government Roles." Sarosh Kuruvilla and Anil Verma: http://digitalcommons.ilr.cornell.edu/articles/37/
- International Labor Standards, Soft Regulation, and National Government Roles.
If you have problems or questions, please contact:
Cornell ILR School