March 7, Online
Improving Patient Care and Controlling Costs through Labor-Management Partnerships
View the webcast: ILR on Policy: Improving Patient Care and Controlling Costs through Labor-Management Partnerships
This webcast will be closed captioned.
Webcast date: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 1:00 pm, (EST) - Online
“Improving Patient Care and Controlling Costs through Labor-Management Partnerships,” a March 7 Cornell ILR School webcast, explores the experiences of two health care systems where staff, management and health care unions are working together to improve the quality of care while finding ways to reduce costs.
Panelists from Fletcher Allen Health Care (Vermont) and the Contact Center at Montefiore’s CMO: the Care Management Company (New York) will discuss their unique partnerships and the impact they have had on clinical outcomes, cost control and employee satisfaction.
The discussion will provide practical examples of methods to involve front-line staff and management in partnership to implement, sustain and spread innovative approaches to improve the delivery of care.
The webcast will also include video clips featuring front-line staff at Fletcher Allen Health Care and the CMO as they discuss how labor management partnerships work on the ground.
Panel discussion participants include:
- Peter Lazes, Director, Healthcare Transformation Project, Cornell ILR (Host)
- Pamela Brier, CEO and President, Maimonides Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) (moderator)
- Stephen Kulovits, Director of Customer Service, CMO: the Care Management Company (Bronx, NY)
- Todd Austin, 1199/SEIU Organizer at CMO: the Care Management Company
- Mari Cordes, President of the Vermont Federation of Nurses and Health Professionals Local 5221, RN at Fletcher Allen Health Care (Burlington, VT)
- Robert Opel, BSN, RN, CCRN, VFNHP 5221 member
Previous webcasts produced by the Cornell ILR Healthcare Transformation Project can be viewed here.
For more information about the Healthcare Transformation Project, visit http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/healthcare/.
Cornell University ILR School
To participate in the webcast you will need:
- Computer access with a high speed Internet connection
- On Windows: Internet Explorer browser is required with Microsoft Windows media player installed
- On a Mac: Internet Explorer browser is required with Silverlight plug-in installed
The required browser is Internet Explorer. Please visit this website to test your connection prior to logging on to the event: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/techServices/services/multimedia/SystemRequirements.html