The Hershey Company
The Hershey Company is a leading snack food company and the largest North American manufacturer of chocolate and confectionery products. With revenues of over $5 billion and more than 12,000 employees worldwide, The Hershey Company's leadership position is built on the strength of great brands such as Hershey's, Reese's, Hershey's Kisses, Kit Kat, Almond Joy, Mounds, Jolly Rancher, Twizzlers, Ice Breakers, Hershey's Cookies, Mauna Loa, and Artisans Confection Company.
The Hershey Company has a great opportunity for a 3-month, paid, Spring 2010 Co-op in the Human Resources department. The Co-op is designed to provide hands-on experience in Human Resources. The Co-op will work with the Human Resources team to develop key initiatives and be a part of meaningful projects that contribute to the success of our business.
Candidate must be detail-oriented and have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects. Ability to work independently is key, while working collaboratively with all levels of the HR team and our business partners. Must be able to demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
This is a great opportunity for a student pursuing a Human Resources related degree to gain on-the-job experience with North America's largest manufacturer of quality chocolate and sugar confectionery products.
- Researching and providing analysis on best practices for establishing and maintaining positive employee relations.
- Working with the Human Resources team to research and establish metrics for key processes.
- Participating in recruiting activities and initiatives.
- Developing a manufacturing-wide employee handbook template.
- Participating on a team to facilitate the validation of selection testing.
Education: Candidate must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program in Human Resources or a related field with a junior standing or higher. Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and able to handle a fast-paced environment.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.