Arbitration Award Writing DR190
Not currently offered
This program currently has no scheduled dates.
A program designed for full- and part-time arbitrators, advocates in arbitration and other employment professionals.
Cornell's Program on Conflict Resolution is pleased to announce the long-awaited scheduling of its course on the most critical role of an arbitrator, writing the award.
This unique and intensive workshop will include:
- The legal path from appointment to award
- Early tactics that can make award-writing easier
- The actual drafting and revision of two awards
- Challenges when writing a three-arbitrator panel award
- Strategies for making awards "vacatur-proof," and still giving the relief that is just
Please note: Two-hour pre-workshop preparation required.
Leading the instruction is noted arbitrator and author, Edward J. Costello, Jr. Ed has been a full-time professional neutral for more than 20 years and has written and lectured extensively on the topic. He is a superb writer and a dynamic and humorous trainer. This is one program you will not want to miss.
Registration Fee includes all program materials, breakfast and lunch each day and one dinner.