Labor Arbitration in the Federal Sector DR185
Not currently offered
This program currently has no scheduled dates.
Cornell's Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution, focused on the study of workplace disputes, and the National Mediation Board, focused on grievances in the airline and railroad industries, are pleased to present a two-day workshop for arbitrators and advocates (labor and management) with regard to labor arbitration. This intensive skills-building program will address such topics as:
- Guidelines for developing the theory of your case
- Guidelines for interpreting case presentation
- The grievance process and arbitration in the industries
- Conducting appellate hearings (in accordance with RLA requirements)
- Understanding important evidentiary concepts within labor disputes
- Applicable government regulations and administrative processes
- Topics and issues unique to the railroads and airlines
- Preparing, Presenting and Arguing or Deciding the Case: Skills exercises
Who Will Benefit
Union advocates, labor relations professionals, human resource specialists, operations professionals, attorneys who present arbitration cases or prepare cases for arbitration, labor arbitrators, and/or aspiring labor arbitrators with experience arbitrating in other venues.