The ILR Career Library, in 201 Ives Hall, offers a sampling of books, brochures, and handouts useful in writing resumes, containing advice for conducting job searches and for improving interviewing skills. Current magazines addressing topics relevant to job-search efforts are also available. Materials may be checked out through OCS Staff as needed by students.
- Literature on all of the organizations recruiting at ILR.
- Resume, interviewing, and job-search books.
- Directories (Federal and State).
- Listings of ILR alumni, their job titles, organizations, and addresses.
- Videos on interviewing, job hunting, and overviews of companies. You can watch them here or borrow them overnight.
- Labor alumni network: a list of ILR alumni working in the labor movement, including addresses and phone numbers.
- Directory of U.S. labor organizations.
- Information about internships: freshman externship program (FEX), winter intersession program (WISP), summer internships, and credit.
Student Computer Kiosks
We have two computers available for your quick career-related needs. Available on these kiosks are alumni directories and Internet access.
Practice Interview Program
We have a dedicated practice interview room with videotaping equipment.
We have four interview rooms available for reservation, wireless service, a recruiter lounge with phone service, and a coffee/tea and beverage service free of charge.