Keep It Organized
It is important to develop a system for managing all aspects of your search process. You'll need to keep track of:
- Deadline dates for submitting application materials
- Dates, times, and locations of interviews
- Names and job titles, and contact information of the many people you'll meet
- Follow-up actions that you have taken or need to take AND reminders of when to do them
- General notes on contacts you've made with various employers and interviewers.
You may want to create a database to help manage this information, or you might find our Job Search Log to be helpful in organizing your activities. Ask other students what works for them - perhaps you'll discover an approach that's right for you. If you become proficient at managing your job search in this way, you'll be rewarded by the opportunity to impress employers by how "on top of it" you are.