Information for Alumni
Career Advising for Alumni
For recent graduates seeking career services support, please contact us to arrange a time to chat via phone, video, or in-person with one of our advisors. In addition, note that Handshake also includes job postings for recent graduates.
For experienced alumni with more than 5 years of work experience, you also may contact the Office of Career Services for resources. In addition, consider reconnecting with the ILR Alumni Office to engage with fellow alumni who will have more expertise to advise you in your career needs. In addition, our office offers the Alumni Job Bulletin which features weekly postings for alumni with 5+ years of work experience. Often, the employers are fellow ILR alumni or employers who have a connection with the ILR School.
Sponsor ILR Students
There are many ways that alumni can give back to ILR:
- serve as an informal mentor or sponsor to current students wishing to participate in experiential project-based Winter Intersession Program (WISP) and
- offer shadowing opportunities in the Freshman Externship Program (FEX).
- host an academic-semester long credit internship for ILR students only.
- recruit undergraduate students through the Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Network.
- encourage their employers to hire ILR students for summer internships or full-time positions.
We make it easy for employers to reach students through on-campus interviews, online job postings, and recruiting events such as career fairs and forums. Our employer page contains information about how to hire ILR students or you can contact us directly for help in developing a hiring strategy.
Provide Career Guidance to ILR Students
If you plan a visit to Ithaca and would be interested in meeting with a group of students to discuss your career path, or to make a presentation to a student group, please partner with us to facilitate this kind of interaction. Engaging with the ILR Alumni Association will also connect you to existing programs and events that connect students with alumni.
Hire Fellow Alumni
- To post positions for recent ILR/Cornell graduates (0-5 years of work experience), please use the free service available through Handshake.
- For experienced alumni with 5+ years of work experience, post in our weekly Alumni Job Bulletin, free of charge. Search firms are charged a modest fee.
Connect with Fellow Alumni
To connect with ILR alumni and other Cornellians, be sure to check out the events and activities sponsored by Cornell regional clubs and alumni associations. There are more than 80 active domestic clubs and 30 international clubs that together produce more than 1,000 events per year. Events and activities sponsored by dedicated alumni volunteers are great ways to connect with alumni to network and learn about career paths in a field you may be interested in pursuing.