Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
ILR School and the Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV) Exchange
The Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV) student exchange is with the Faculty of Business and Economics. URV was created by the Catalonian Parliament in 1991 and named after Antoni Rovira i Virgili, a journalist, writer, and politician actively involved in Catalonian public service. URV's core values are public service, social commitment, and responsibility. URV is a leading university in Catalonia and in Europe, and it is well known for the quality of its teaching, its commitment to continuous training, and the excellence of its research, development, and innovation.
Universitat Rovira i Virgili is located in Southern Catalonia with campuses in Tarragona and Reus, Spain. Tarragona, which is on the Mediterranean coast, is a central point of departure to Barcelona, London, Paris, and Rome. Reus is just eight miles inland from Tarragona. ILR students are based on the Bellisens campus in Reus.
Fall, Spring, or Academic Year
Courses and Credits
Students participating in the URV exchange program are required to have at least basic Spanish language ability (equivalent to two years of high school Spanish or at least one semester of college-level Spanish). Students will have the option to take selected courses in English, and those with approved language skills may take courses in Spanish. All students must take at least one language course in Catalan or Spanish. View URV's course offerings in the Faculty of Business and Economics here: URV Faculty of Business and Economics Courses.
- Students must enroll in four full-time courses, and one course must be a langauge course in Catalan or Spanish.
- Students can earn up to 15 ILR elective credits per semester.
- Courses have to be approved for ILR elective credit.
- Students will receive credit for academic coursework completed abroad that is equivalent to a Cornell grade of "C."
- Students cannot take courses as Pass/Fail.
- All courses and grades will appear on the Cornell transcript in the same format as they are recorded on the original transcript generated by the host institution.
- Grades are not calculated in the overall GPA.
Tuition and Other Costs
The URV Exchange Program is tuition-neutral (students pay regular tuition to the ILR School). Financial aid would apply. If you are currently receiving financial aid, your package would be adjusted based on your determined level of need and the projected costs of the program.
ILR exchange students are responsible for passport, visa, airfare, room and board, transportation, fees related to courses, books, and personal expenses.
Who Should Apply?
ILR undergraduate students interested in expanding their academic knowledge of Spain, international business, and economics may apply. In addition, ILR undergraduate students must
- have junior or senior standing;
- have all ILR core requirements completed;
- be in good standing with the ILR School and the University;
- have a 3.0 GPA; and
- have basic Spanish language proficiency.