Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Italy
ILR School and the Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi (Bocconi University) Exchange
ILR undergraduate students can apply to study at Bocconi University, located in Milan, Italy, for a semester or an academic year. Bocconi University was the first Italian university to grant a degree in economics, and it is considered one of Europe’s leading educational institutions in Economics, Management, Finance, and Law. ILR students participating in this exchange can take courses in English or Italian in the following subject areas: Accounting, Economics, Law, Marketing, Management, Policy Analysis, and Public Management.
Program Terms and Dates
Fall, Spring, or Academic Year
- Fall 2017 Semester: 26 August 2017 to 23 December 2017
- Spring 2018 Semester: 25 January 2018 to 1 June 2018
*Exact dates to be confirmed by Bocconi University
Courses and Credits
ILR students can take courses in English or Italian in the following subject areas: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Law, Marketing, Management, Policy Analysis, and Public Management. View Bocconi University's course offerings here: Bocconi University Courses.
Additionally, all ILR students must take a pre-semester Italian language crash course at Bocconi University (not for credit). Beginning-level to advanced-level language courses are offered.
- Students must enroll in four full-time courses, and students must enroll in all courses as attending students.
- Students can earn up to 15 ILR elective credits per semester.
- Courses have to be approved for ILR elective credit.
- Students will receive credit for academic coursework completed abroad that is equivalent to a Cornell grade of "C."
- Students cannot take courses as Pass/Fail.
- All courses and grades will appear on the Cornell transcript in the same format as they are recorded on the original transcript generated by the host institution.
- Grades are not calculated in the overall GPA.
Tuition and Other Costs
- This exchange program is tuition-neutral (students pay regular tuition to the ILR School).
- Financial aid would apply; if you are currently receiving financial aid, your package would be adjusted based on your determined level of need and the projected costs of the program.
- ILR exchange students are responsible for the following expenses: passport, visa, airfare, room and board, transportation, course fees (if applicable), books, and personal expenses.
Applicants must be ILR undergraduate students who
- are interested in expanding their academic knowledge of Italy and in studying the Italian language at any level;
- have junior or senior standing;
- have all ILR core requirements completed;
- are in good standing with the ILR School and the University; and
- have a 3.3 GPA.
How to Apply
1. Make an appointment.
Interested students must meet with Tamara Ingram, Assistant Director ILR International Programs, to discuss plans and eligibility. To make an appointment, e-mail: email@example.com.
2. Complete online application (for Spring 2018 study only).
You must log in with your NetID and password to access the application.
Please note that you can only apply the semester prior to your intended semester abroad.
Spring 2018 Application Deadline: September 30th, 2017, by midnight
Fall 2018 Application Deadline: March 15th, 2018, by midnight