Cardiff University, UK
ILR School and the Cardiff University Exchange
Program Terms and Dates
Fall, Spring, or Academic Year
- Fall 2017 Semester: 25 September 2017 to 15 December 2017
- Spring 2018 Semester: 29 January 2018 to 15 June 2018
*Orientation dates not included; exact dates to be confirmed by Cardiff University
Courses and Credits
Students must take the majority of their courses within the Cardiff Business School; however, students may be permitted to take one to two courses oustside of the business school.
View the Cardiff Business School module (course) offerings here: Cardiff Business School Courses (make sure to select the correct term at the top).
View courses that students can take outside of the business school here: Other Cardiff Courses (make sure to review the semester in which a particular course is offered).
- Students must enroll in six full-time courses.
- Students can earn up to 15 ILR elective credits per semester.
- Courses have to be approved for ILR elective credit.
- Students will receive credit for academic coursework completed abroad that is equivalent to a Cornell grade of "C."
- Students cannot take courses as Pass/Fail.
- All courses and grades will appear on the Cornell transcript in the same format as they are recorded on the original transcript generated by the host institution.
- Grades are not calculated in the overall GPA.
Tuition and Other Costs
- This exchange program is tuition-neutral (students pay regular tuition to the ILR School).
- Financial aid would apply; if you are currently receiving financial aid, your package would be adjusted based on your determined level of need and the projected costs of the program.
- ILR exchange students are responsible for the following expenses: passport, visa, airfare, room and board, transportation, course fees (if applicable), books, and personal expenses.
ILR undergraduate students interested in expanding their academic knowledge of the UK may apply. In addition, ILR undergraduate students must
- have junior or senior standing;
- have all ILR core requirements completed;
- be in good standing with the ILR School and the University; and
- have a 3.0 GPA.
How to Apply
1. Make an appointment.
Interested students must meet with Tamara Ingram, Assistant Director ILR International Programs, to discuss plans and eligibility. To make an appointment, e-mail: email@example.com.
2. Complete online application (for Spring 2018 study only).
You must log in with your NetID and password to access the application.
Please note that you can only apply the semester prior to your intended semester abroad.
Spring 2018 Application Deadline: September 30th, 2017, by midnight
Fall 2018 Application Deadline: March 15th, 2018, by midnight