Since its opening in 1971, the Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, FL has grown to feature four theme parks – the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. In addition, more than 20 themed resort hotels, two water parks, and the Downtown Disney® Area, a daytime and nighttime entertainment complex, are part of the Walt Disney World Resort.
Labor Relations oversees the administration of all collective bargaining agreements, including all aspects of the grievance process, effects bargaining, and contract negotiations. As a member of the Labor Relations team you are expected to work with our business partners and team across Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
• Aid in and observe Collective Bargaining Grievances in all stages
• Conduct research for the Labor Relations team at all three levels:
o Walt Disney World Labor Relations
o Disneyland Resort Labor Relations
o Segment Labor Relations
• Work with the Labor Relations team and Labor & Employment Law attorneys on preparation and briefs for arbitrations
• Work on a wide variety of Labor Relations projects, committees and labor task forces
• Engage in Collective Bargaining Negotiations and Mediation
• Interact with Union Business Agents, Cast Members and Leaders
• Current Junior/Senior earning College/University degree in Industrial and Labor Relations
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as telephone etiquette skills
• Demonstrated strong research skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
• Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment
• Willingness to learn new software applications
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills
• Demonstrated strong partnering skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage conflict/resolution
Please submit resume and cover letter. Personal interview on campus.